Friday, April 23, 2021

Prince & Princess of Ireland

  Chapter  Seven- Escape to get Free

Torin quickly turned around. 

"Who are you and what do you want?" Asked the man behind them. He looked like a chief.

"What do we want? We were only tryin' to watch!" Elda exclaimed.

Torin shushed her. "Keep your voice down, ok? And remember, you promised to let me do the talking." He whispered.

Another man came over and tied them in ropes. 

"We didn't do anything!" Torin yelled, trying to get free. What he saw, was a huge fire. He hung his head. "I can't believe I thought we were going to be royal. What a dream that would've been! Living in fancy castle, eating delicious food, sitting on a royal throne!" Torin almost cried.

Elda rolled her eyes, and looked him straight in the face, and firmly said, "you're a Braygan, Torin. And we Braygans don't hang our heads and throw pity parties. We stand up tall, and never give up!"

Torin looked at Elda. "You're right, sister. Always have been. Let's try to get free."

      They were tossed in a pile in the corner and were left there to starve. When the island people were hungry, they would...............I shouldn't say more.    

They sat there silently, until they saw a dark figure approach them. It was a girl. A girl with dark brown eyes and long black hair. She bent down next to them and whispered in Torin's ear, "take this knife and cut the ropes." She whispered. She said the same thing to Elda. 

The three walked far back behind the huts and tents.

"Now. If we get caught, tell them this was my idea. My father will be mad, but you shouldn't have to take the blame." She said sternly. 

"Was the man who grabbed my shirt,"

"And tied us up,"

"And tossed us in corner,"

"And tried to starve us, your father?" Elda finished. 

The girl sheepishly nodded. "Sorry for all that. I'm Migdalia. Who are you?"

"I'm Torin Braygan, and this is my sister Elda."

Migdalia's mouth fell open. "The prince and princess's names are those." She exclaimed. But then she looked sad. "It's a shame they're dead."

"They're not dead! In fact, they're alive and need your help! And by helping us, you're really helping them." Torin said in a persuading voice.

Migdalia sighed. "Listen up. I know well who both of you are. And if I were you, I'd run."

"Why?"

"Because about fifty men are chasing you."

Torin and Elda exchanged glances. 

"Well, it's been a nice stay, see ya!" Elda said waving as she ran away. They ran to the water. 

"Oh, no, where's our boat?!" Elda yelled.

"If I knew, we'd have it!" Torin yelled back. By that time they were surrounded. The twins held hands. "Well, Elda. It's been nice, fighting with you and going off on adventures together." Torin said. 

Elda smiled. "I've enjoyed correcting you, and driving you crazy." She said.

"Yeah, I could tell. Also, I'm sorry about the time I looked through your journal." Torin said. 

Elda face turned bright red. "You what?!"

"I thought you knew!"

"Well, ya thought wrong!"

The Chief banged his staff on the ground. "I have a very important message. This will decide your fate, whether we will eat you, or not." He said firmly. "And that message is,"

A little boy stepped out from the mist of the crowed. "Are you really the prince and princess of Scotland?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Todd the Spectacular Chp. 7 Averdeene

ChapterSeven Averdeene I came into town that day, Charlie pulling me around like I was his rag doll. It made me feel important and I admit t...