Wednesday, October 19, 2022

NOT IMPOSSIBLE CHAP. 8

CHAPTER

I N T O   T H E   L I G H T


“Danny, wake up!” 

I sat up and gasped. “What is it?”

“They’re coming, I hear them!”

Loud thunderous rumbled echoed through the deep dark halls. I scrambled to my feet, grabbed Trinity’s ice-cold hand and ran for our lives.

We almost slipped a few times, but in a half-second we were back to our feet. 

“Danny, it’s getting louder! Where’s the end of the tunnel!”

“I don’t know! Just keep going!” I ran so fast, my chest was starting to hurt.

And then heaven came to earth.

“Danny, look!”

I looked. And I almost cried.

Light. Light was peeking out of the ceiling in the distance. We picked up our speed and ran to that light like we were literally having armed-troopers run after us. My first instinct was to bang on the top of that sewer lid-type thing, you know, the things you see in New York where monsters would crawl out of them in the movies? No? Ok…

I banged so hard, screaming for help, though really should’ve been trying to somehow unscrew it. 

Suddenly, through the holes I saw hands lift it up and out of the way.

“Andy!”

“Come on!” 

I lifted Trinity up and then I leaped up into the air and they both grabbed my arms and pulled me up.

“We have to run! They’re after us! Got a ride?”

Andy stepped out of the way and revealed my now painted motorbike.

“Thank God for you, Andy,” I said breathily and quickly got on, Trinity behind me.

“What about you?” I said to Andy, my hands revving up the engine.

“Don’t worry, I’ll catch up with you. Go to my Aunt’s house in Wyoming. You can trust her.”

I nodded. We had gone there plenty of times and I knew her address by heart. But how would I find it?

“Thanks so much, Andy.”

Just as he went to respond, we heard shouts and loud footsteps.

My heart skipped a beat. “Bye, Andy!”

“Bye!” He mouthed and disappeared down the road somewhere. We were far from Trinity’s house and I barely recognized this part of town anywhere. But that was good. I hit the gas pedal and we roared down the lonely road into the woods.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Todd the Spectacular Chp. 5

C hapterFive The Lovingale I was actually the last one out. Felix said I was being dramatic, and maybe I was, but for a moment I stayed in t...