Saturday, March 16, 2024

A Prequel-

 hey everyone!

for those of you who still check in on this blog from time to time,

my original plan for my new story was to post a chapter every Monday, but since the next part is just like a prequel type intro thing, I am going to post it today! It'll be pretty short, since it's not actually a real chapter.

anyway, I hope you enjoy!


dream


“I’m not brave like you. Not really,” she said. 

They spoke quietly then.

They stood on the dock, breathing in the evening, as it was one of the last evenings like this. The lake turned a sort of tainted gold as the sun fell away. On the water, she saw her own life. Tainted. But maybe still beautiful in its own way.

Slowly, light painted itself on the water, casting itself down like a sad sigh. 

Moments like these were spoken in whispers.

“But, you’re Annie the Brave.”


Annie the Brave.

My eyes opened. My fingers felt the keys beneath them. Another night spent at my typewriter. 

But I couldn’t have slept.

I needed to write.

I lifted up my head and my eyes focused on my paper, still waiting for the right words to come. 

I couldn’t think clearly right now, not with my dream still fresh in my mind. 

Oh, this dream. Why did it keep occurring so? It wasn’t a happy dream, though it appeared to be. In fact, it woke me in tears everytime, every morning. I didn’t really know why. It just came and never stopped.

Sometimes, I think I drift too far back into the hazy memories of my childhood. The blurry summer afternoons that will always mean everything to me. But will one day fade away.

This dream I had brought back my past memories, fresh and anew.

Maybe it because his death still lingered in my thoughts. 

My heart still ached for him. 

For the one who thought me to be brave.

I blinked my eyes and took a deep breath, anything but steady, but still I tried. 

And pushing away all other thoughts I began to write.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Todd the Spectacular Chp. 5

C hapterFive The Lovingale I was actually the last one out. Felix said I was being dramatic, and maybe I was, but for a moment I stayed in t...