Monday, August 23, 2021

Alberta Chp. 8

8

Alberta followed Matthias through drake alleyways and streets for nearly two hours. But suddenly, he stopped her. They were in an ally way, and he spotted three men in the streets. They looked like trouble. Behind them, was a little rock pathway leading to a fairly good sized house. That was the house, Matthias was leading her to.

“How will we get passed?” Alberta whispered.

“The same way, me and my Father have ever done.”

“Which is…” Alberta said.

Matthias lightly chuckled. “My father used to always say, ‘no Gardner of mine, has ever backed away from a fight. They go right on through and deal with it, no matter how small they are.’” 

Matthias smiled. “My father was the most stubborn man I have ever met in all my life.” Matthias looked back to the men. They were gone.

“Where are they?” Alberta asked.

“Lookin’ for something?”

They both wirled around. They were trapped. One man blocking one way, and two men blocking the other.

“Look, I know it may seem bad, but we’re only trying to get to that man’s house, right over there.” Matthias pointed the way, and as soon as he did, the man closest to him grabbed his arm and tied them together.

“This can’t be good.” Alberta said.

“Ya think?” Matthias was angry now. They were both tied to a pole. One on each side. 

“Matthias, I’m sorry. I don’t know what to say.”

“How about nothing? Nothing at all!” 

Alberta stomped her feet. “This isn’t my fault.” 

“Oh, sure, sure, sure. None of it’s your fault. Only, if it wasn’t for you, I’d be asleep in my nice cozy bed.”

Alberta scoffed. “You don’t even have a bed.”

“What would you know?” 

The three men laughed. “Aww, the little boy and girly is throwin’ a fit.” They laughed some more.

Alberta’s face grew red. “I am not throwing anything!”

“Keep it down, will ya? If you quiet it up a bit, they will get bored and leave, and then we can find a way to escape. They’re just a bunch of dodo birds, so this will be easy. They didn’t even think to check my coat for weapons.” He grinned. “I still have my knife.” He whispered more quietly. He sneakily took his knife from his pocket, and cut the ropes. 

“I think we can make a run for it.”

“Really?” Alberta looked at the mansion, so close, but yet so far away.

“Look.” Alberta motioned her head towards a little rundown bike. It was sitting in the dumpsters.

“You thinking what I’m thinking?” Matthias whispered.

Alberta noticed that the bike had two seats instead of one. One seat was in front of the other. “Let’s go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Todd the Spectacular Chp. 7 Averdeene

ChapterSeven Averdeene I came into town that day, Charlie pulling me around like I was his rag doll. It made me feel important and I admit t...