Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Across the Sea Chp. 13

13

S H I P  W R E C K


Colin rowed and rowed, faster and faster. The clouds were dark and the rain began to patter.

Oh, no.

Crash! The lightening striked the boat. The boat was on fire!

Colin dumped water as fast as he could but the wood was breaking.

He had a sinking ship on fire in the middle of a terrible storm.

The thunder roared and in an instant—everything went dark.


Fiona looked over the side of the ship. They were at Arabia! Saudi Arabia at last.

The boat was anchored down on the sand and the crew exited happily.

Ronan guided her down the ramp.

“We’re home, Fiona. I hope you like it here.”

“Home is where you are, Ronan.”


Colin woke up. He was on what it looked to be a deserted island. There was sand and rocks. Only a few small trees were scattered around. His boat was destroyed. He was shipwrecked. 

“What?! You’ve left me to die of hunger and thirst!” He waved his fist at the sky. 

Hours went by, and it sounded weird to say, but Colin was cold. In fact, he was freezing. Hungry, tired, and freezing.

He tried to hug his knees against his chest, he shivered and coughed. He could see his own breath.

It seemed hopeless. Two whole days had gone by with no water and no food. Colin accepted that he was going to die.


In the mists of the lonely night, a voice awakened him.

Pray, Colin. You know I’m here.

Colin cried. “I don’t need to!” He screamed.

If you trust Me and serve Me, I will help you.

“No! I can’t!” 


14

O C E A N   O F   F A I T H


Colin almost fell on his knees, he felt the ground shake and his head spin. Three more days had past. He was slowly losing his mind.

“What do you want from me?” He yelled angrily.

Pray, Colin and I will help you. 

Tears streamed down his face. 

God was showing him memories of his parents when they had first taught him to pray.

“He won’t fail you son. But you’ll be sure to fail Him.”

“Why?”

“Well, that’s just how it is, lad. God is perfect and holy. But us—we’re just pieces of clay he molded into different shapes and sizes.”

Little Colin laughed.

 Colin cried, remembering when Papa had told him that.

There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. “Do not let your hearts be troubled.

Colin, deep in his heart, wanted to believe that God was real and that He could help. But that longing seemed to be chained down in the depths of his heart. He wanted to free it. He remembered Fiona’s words.

“You don’t always have to depend on yourself. God can help.”

Colin had pushed her away. But the truth was, God could help. But would He?

Just trust Me.

Colin dropped to his shaking knees. “I…I’m sorry.” He covered his face with his hands. “I’m not worthy of anyone’s help. I deserve to starve and die.”

Everyone deserves to die, Colin. But your sins are forgiven if you repent. Repent and trust me.

Colin looked up at the night sky. “I—I’m sorry. And…I trust You. Please. Please help me.” And suddenly, Colin eyes closed and he fainted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Todd the Spectacular Chp. 7 Averdeene

ChapterSeven Averdeene I came into town that day, Charlie pulling me around like I was his rag doll. It made me feel important and I admit t...