Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Across the Sea Chp. 15

15

S A V E D


Colin woke up. He looked around. He was still there. Trapped on a deserted island. But he decided to look around.

Colin ran with all his might, in hope that maybe, just maybe there was a boat. 

He spotted something brown hidden in long grasses. He sighed with relief and cried. It was a boat.

“A boat! A boat!” He ran faster and faster and pulled the boat out of the grass. He looked at the sky. 

“Thank you.” He whispered.


Fiona combed out her long red hair. She wore a chain of flowers on her head and a silky blue dress. She was to marry Ronan. He truly loved her and she truly loved him.

Before this day, she had told him,

“Accept my God, and I will always be there for you. He will help you Ronan. You don’t have to hide anymore.”

“I did pray. I prayed for a friend. And He brought me you.”


Fiona walked down the aisle in the huge stone castle. People played flutes and mandolins.

She met Ronan’s gaze. 


Colin raced up the steps and into the palace. He searched around. “Where is she?”

‘’You will take this Irish lass to be your wife, through sickness and in health…”

“I do.” Ronan finally said.

“And you, Fiona Braygan. You will take this…”

“I do.”

“Then you may—”

“Wait!!” Colin ran down the aisle and crashed into Fiona. He hugged her closer than he had ever done. “Fiona, I—I’m sorry.” 

Fiona was so surprised she could hardly speak. “What happened, I was so worried for you.”

“I was shipwrecked. But…He helped me. God helped me. And…I’m ready to trust him.”

Fiona laughed with joy. “Oh, Colin, I’m so glad!” She hugged him again and almost cried.

Ronan stood there and when Colin met his gaze, he felt ashamed immediately. 

“Ronan, I…”

Ronan shook his head. “Don’t apologize. It takes courage to do what you did. You shall always be a respected man from now on.”

Colin was speechless. “Ronan, I deserve to be hanged.”

“Maybe. But God had forgiven me. So I forgive you. The Irish stand together. If you feel pain, then I must also.”

Colin couldn’t believe his ears. “You’re an Irish lad?”

“Maybe.” Ronan laughed and hugged Colin.

Colin hugged him back.

“We’ll start over. In just a moment you will be my brother.”

Colin nodded.

The priest continued. “You may kiss the bride.”


And that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Todd the Spectacular Chp. 7 Averdeene

ChapterSeven Averdeene I came into town that day, Charlie pulling me around like I was his rag doll. It made me feel important and I admit t...